FY/Internal Medicine Trainees and Physician Associates : Virtual Oncology and Palliative Care Teaching
Facebook Group Facebook group with bite sized learning videos on topics relevant to daily care of Oncology patients on wards. Or search : “Leeds Oncology Teaching” on facebook. All videos can be accessed quickly via the ‘Video” tab on the left. The videos of the Mini Chalk Talks are supplemented by the handouts below.
Schemas Specially designed Mini Chalk Talk schemas by Oncology Registrars for rapid revision on common topics
- Superior Vena Cava Obstruction
- Hyponatremia in Cancer
- Hypercalcemia of Malignancy
- Acute Chemotherapy Reactions : Holding the Chemo Bleep
- Magnesium and Phosphate in Cancer Handout and simple diagrams only.
- Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression (with neuro-localisation chart)
- CT Scan shows Brain Metastases
Principles of how some Oncology drugs work:
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
- Hormonal Therapy (Prostate Cancer)
- Chemotherapy vs Immunotherapy toxicity and ESMO Guidelines for immunotherapy toxicity.
- Palliative Radiotherapy
- Antiemetics in Palliative care
- Opioid Toxicity
- Seizures at the End of Life
Padlet Welcome to Oncology! Access the padlet page with practical details on rotations, clinics, rest rooms, rostering information and socials to help get you acquainted with the rotation. (Password available from the department)
Padlet page with resources on palliative care. Access bite sized presentations and short podcasts on symptom control.