- This event has passed.
Thiel Cadaveric Robotic Prostatectomy Training Course
Monday, 3 June 2019, 8:00 am - Tuesday, 4 June 2019, 5:00 pm£700
This hands-on cadaveric course is designed for senior urology trainees interested in developing a career as robotic pelvic surgeons. The course is delivered using the da Vinci Xi/Si Robot and Thiel embalmed cadavers which have the advantage of improved tactile and visual realism. The training will be delivered through brief lectures, videos, simulation models and hands-on operating on the Thiel cadaver. One cadaver for 2 candidate to do a robotic radical prostatectomy with urethro-vesical anastomosis.
This course will enhance participant’s robotic surgical skills and competence at using da Vinci robot and it’s instruments for robotic prostatectomy.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to perform a robotic radical prostatectomy in a Thiel embalmed cadaver.
This course is aimed at Urology Specialty Trainees (ST6/7)/Post CCT Fellows
Please note it is your responsibility to book study leave for this course.
- To achieve understanding of the function and operation of da Vinci® Si and Xi Robot and their instruments
- To be able to position the patient, theatre team and robot in theatre with efficient use of theatre space
- Able to do port placement, docking of robot, tissue dissection using mono & bipolar diathermy, suture placements, knot tying
- Understand and perform safe and effective basic technique for robotic radical prostatectomy
- Understanding of ‘Tips and Tricks’ and potential complications
In the event you need to cancel your place on this course, the following terms and conditions apply:
- If you have notified us at least 30 days prior to the commencement date of the course, your course fees will be returned minus a £50.00 administration fee. If you have received any course materials these must be returned prior to any refund.
- Cancellation of your place within 30 days will result in a loss of all fees.