Laparoscopic Nephrectomy Cadaveric Course
Thursday, 28 March 2019, 8:00 am - Friday, 29 March 2019, 5:00 pm£400
Designed for senior trainees, this two day practical course combines observing live surgery and practice in a skills lab. Using high-class surgical simulation throughout the course you’ll be performing European Basic Laparoscopic Urological Skills (E-BLUS) exercises, before getting the opportunity to operate on Thiel Fixed Cadavers in a laparoscopic kidney resection.
This highly practical course offers:
- Live theatre observation with the freedom to question and learn from experts.
- Opportunity to practice the European Basic Laparoscopic Urological Skills (E-BLUS) exercises.
- Opportunity to operate on Thiel Fixed Cadavers, providing you with the opportunity to practice to practise a wide range of advanced laparoscopic techniques.
This course is for grade ST5 Urology trainees and above.
The course fee is £400, however this course is funded for regional trainees by Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber (HEYH).*
*If you are a HEYH regional trainee, to avoid being charged, prior to proceeding to checkout you will require a coupon code. To obtain this please contact the course organiser on the details below.
Please note it is your responsibility to book study leave for this course.
To get the most out of the two days, prior to joining us you will be provided with a selection of pre-course materials which we ask you to read.
During the first day of the course, you will split your time between observing live theatre and practicing your laparoscopic urological skills in LIMIT, J34, at St James University Hospital.
The second day of the course will be based in the Anatomy lab at the University of Leeds - this is where you will operate on Thiel Fixed Cadavers in a laparoscopic kidney resection.
Complementing the simulated environment, throughout the course you’ll benefit from expert instruction from Consultants of national and international repute.
In the event you need to cancel your place on this course, the following terms and conditions apply:
- If you have notified us at least 30 days prior to the commencement date of the course, your course fees will be returned minus a £50.00 administration fee. If you have received any course materials these must be returned prior to any refund.
- Cancellation of your place within 30 days will result in a loss of all fees.