- This event has passed.
Wednesday, 5 December 2018£200
ASCME aims to provide you with experience in the management of acute medical emergencies and human factors and is run across the Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber region.
Developing your skills in acute core medical emergencies will take time and this course aims to challenge you in your approach to uncertain situations, providing you with knowledge and skills in leadership, teamwork, breaking bad news and communications skills. Topics include:
- History Taking & Clinical Examination
- Therapeutics & Safe Prescribing
- Time Management, Decision Making and Clinical Reasoning
- Prioritization of Patient Safety in Clinical Practice
- Team Working & Patient Safety
- Relationships with Patients & Communication with Colleagues
- Emergency Presentations
This course is intended for Core Medical Trainees and we encourage you to attend the ASCME course during your first year of core medical training.
The course fee is £200, however training for regional Core Medical Trainees is funded by Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber (HEYH)*
*If you are a HEYH regional trainee, to avoid being charged, prior to proceeding to checkout you will require a coupon code. To obtain this please contact the course organiser on the details below.
Please note it is your responsibility to book study leave for this course.
ASCME is an interactive course allowing you to practice your response to acute scenarios within a safe environment. It’s an educational course with no formal assessments where you will receive real-time analysis and instant in depth feedback from experienced faculty.
On the day you attend the ASCME course, please prepare as you would for a normal day at work, and bring your stethoscope and a pen.
“Very friendly faculty, excellent at instructing”
“Very good faculty, approachable and knowledgeable”
“Very good keen instructors, important and useful that we got maximum time on the box trainers and given good feedback. The course has given me more confidence to ask to do parts of the laparoscopic surgery in training. Satisfying and rewarding Course”
In the event you need to cancel your place on this course, the following terms and conditions apply:
- If you have notified us at least 30 days prior to the commencement date of the course, your course fees will be returned minus a £10.00 administration fee. If you have received any course materials these must be returned prior to any refund.
- Cancellation of your place within 30 days will result in a loss of all fees.
If you fail to attend the course without giving advanced notice you will be asked to pay £100 towards the cost of the course that you subsequently attend.