ACST – Acute Cardiology Simulation Training
Tuesday, 11 February 2020, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm£50.00
Acute Cardiology Simulation Training (ACST) is an interactive course that aims to develop the skills and knowledge required for common cardiology scenarios. Expert faculty will help you learn to manage acutely unwell patients in a systematic manner.
The course is sponsored by Bayer, with lunch provided.
Participants will have the opportunity to tackle themed scenarios based on an acutely unwell patient. A variety of common presentations such as tachyarrhythmia, bradyarrhythmia, myocardial ischaemia, acute LVF, pericardial effusions and temporary pacing wire complications will be covered.
This course is most suitable for Core Medical Trainees at any level, or ST3 trainees in any speciality. It would also be suitable for candidates who have completed Foundation Training and are taking time out of program. It is not suitable for current Foundation Trainees.
ACST combines interactive seminars with clinical simulated patient scenarios. Seminars will be based on the diagnosis and management of arrhythmia and heart failure, as well as an introduction to temporary pacing. You will be encouraged to participate and share knowledge and experience throughout the lectures and course generally.
You will also participate in a variety of simulated patient scenarios in a realistic clinical setting. You will have the opportunity to:
- Assess an unwell patient: with real time access to clinical notes, clinical observations, telemetry, blood results and 12 lead ECGs
- Manage the unwell patient with treatments, including crash trolley access, that will alter the clinical course in real time
- Interaction with the MDT including nurses, anaesthetist and Cardiology seniors
- Opportunity for debrief and feedback following each scenario
Every participant will take part in at least one simulated patient scenario appropriate for their level of experience, and a mini-CEX assessment will be given as part of the feedback. A certificate of completion will also be provided for all candidates.
‘Interactive and relevant to clinical practice’
‘Difficult HF scenario, very useful discussion afterwards regarding management options and intervention’
‘Will recommend for colleagues to attend’
‘Great course. Learnt a lot and improved my confidence in managing cardiac emergencies. Really good feedback given.’
Standard policy for all short courses. No transfers available on request of trainees.
In the event you need to cancel your place on this course, the following terms and conditions apply:
- If you have notified us at least 30 days prior to the commencement date of the course, your course fees will be returned minus a £10.00 administration fee. If you have received any course materials these must be returned prior to any refund.
Cancellation of your place within 30 days will result in a loss of all fees.
For further information, please contact our Course Administrator; Lesley.email@example.com