- This event has passed.
SAS- Advanced Teach the Teacher
Tuesday, 27 August 2019 - Wednesday, 28 August 2019£50
Teaching is about supporting others to develop their knowledge and competence. A good teacher will use a range of techniques to ensure that what and how they teach, recognises the needs of others and meets defined learning and teaching goals. This workshop will explore those skills and with practical scenarios and the chance to practice newly – learnt skills, delegates will enjoy a teaching experience which will be transferrable into their workplace.
It also matches the 7 domains of the Academy of Medical Educators and the GMC.
At the end of this programme, the delegate can:
- Name 4 ways that accelerated learning enhances teaching experiences
- List and explain the 5 stages in a structured teaching session
- Define the 3 stages of KIM and explain two advantages to the teacher
- Explain 3 methods of feedback in theory and in a practical situation
This course is for SAS and Trust Grade Doctors
The Programme Includes:
- Module 1: Accelerated Learning
- Module 2: Planning a teaching experience
- Module 3: Evaluation of teaching effectiveness
- Module 4: Teaching Delivery Skills
- Module 5: Cycle of learning in an outpatient setting
- If you have notified us at least 30 days prior to the commencement date of the course, your course fees will be returned minus a £10.00 administration fee. If you have received any course materials these must be returned prior to any refund.
- Cancellation of your place within 30 days will result in a loss of all fees.
- SAS & Trust Grades who book for free but fail to attend without prior notification will be charged the full course fee of £50.00