Accredited by the Regional Training Programme Director, the Leeds Implantable Devices Surgical Skills (LIDSS) Course is a one day simulation based course which trains you in your core curriculum requirements for surgical skills in cardiac pacing.
During the course you will have access to expert advice and will learn:
- How to consolidate and utilise the core curriculum requirements for surgical skills in cardiac pacing.
- How to be better equipped to manage patients in the pacing Lab.
- How to avoid ‘bad habits’ early in training.
- Surgical techniques to benefit future practice.
This course is for Core Curriculum Cardiology trainees, ST3 - ST5.
During the course you will be introduced to the theory behind cardiac pacing through informative presentations before having the opportunity to put this knowledge into practice in our simulated lab. Working in small groups (maximum of 5 per group) you’ll have direct access to dedicated, highly experienced faculty -all of whom are consultants.
On completing the course you will receive a certificate of attendance which can be used as evidence in your ARCP.
“Excellent faculty, very approachable, very enthusiastic”
“Excellent delivery of content with good practical tips…”
In the event you need to cancel your place on this course, the following terms and conditions apply:
- If you have notified us at least 30 days prior to the commencement date of the course, your course fees will be returned minus a £10.00 administration fee. If you have received any course materials these must be returned prior to any refund.
- Cancellation of your place within 30 days will result in a loss of all fees.