- This event has passed.
Leeds Seldinger Chest Drain Course
Friday, 14 February 2020, 8:00 am - 1:00 pm£100
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need in order to safely prepare and insert a chest drain using a Seldinger technique.
Opportunity for a DOP for your portfolio.
- Indications for Dain Insertion
- Insertion Technique
- Complications & Drain Management
- Video- Seldinger Drain Insertion Technique
- Supervised practice on mannequins
- Assessment of Insertion Technique
- Opportunity for further practice & discussion
This course is for F1, F2, Core & HST trainees who wish to develop and improve their Seldinger chest drain insertion technique.
Regional IMTI & CT2 please contact Mandy Sedler; email@example.com for code assistance.
This course combines face-to-face and online activities in a seamless and complementary flow of learning.
Prior to joining us on the day, you’ll be enrolled on to our bespoke Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) where we encourage you to access a range of pre-reading activities prior to attending the face-to-face session. Within this suite of resources we ask you to complete a short self-assessment to help us tailor the face-to-face session to your existing knowledge and skills.
During the face-to-face component of the course, you’ll have the opportunity to further deepen your learning by asking questions of our experienced faculty who will be supervising you as you practice the seldinger chest drain insertion technique on one of our clinical skills manikins.
Once you have successfully completed all components of the course you will be issued with a Directly Observed Procedures (DOPS) certificate and certificate of attendance - downloadable via our VLE to add to your ePortfolio or use as evidence in your ARCP.
- If you have notified us at least 30 days prior to the commencement date of the course, your course fees will be returned minus a £10.00 administration fee. If you have received any course materials these must be returned prior to any refund.
- Cancellation of your place within 30 days will result in a loss of all fees.
For further information, please contact out Course Administrator;